Your charitable gift will provide vital support for our organization as well as tax benefits for you and your family. Every dollar invested in Friends of the Children - Los Angeles returns $7 in economic benefits to society, so your contribution has the potential to influence the well-being of others far into the future!
Make a Bequest
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will, trust, fund, or endowment specifying a gift be made to family, friends, or Friends of the Children - Los Angeles as part of your estate plan.
A bequest can be made in several ways:
1. You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset.
2. You can gift a percentage of your estate.
3. You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate.
4. You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets.
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered.
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family.
- You may receive estate tax savings.
IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help further our mission while retaining enjoyable tax benefits.
How an IRA Charitable Rollover gift works:
1. Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
2. Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to Friends of the Children - Los Angeles to help continue our important work.
3. Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
4. Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
What are the benefits of an IRA charitable rollover?
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization.
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year.
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts.
- Help further the work and mission of our organization.
If you have a question about either planned giving option, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have!