Friends of the Children – Los Angeles (Friends L.A.) pairs children, ages 4-6, of parenting foster youth with a salaried, professional mentor (a Friend) who stays by their side for 12+ years, no matter what. Friends help youth navigate life, building on their personal strengths and empowering families to access the resources available to them. We combine the strength of our long-term relationships with the expertise of community service providers to meet the unique needs of each of our program youth and their families.
- Friends support parent's hopes and dreams for their children
- Friends spend time in each child's school, home and community
- Friends provide 1:1 educational support in and out of the classroom
- Friends promote social and emotional development
- Friends help children and families build their social capital
- Friends link children and families to community resources
Who is eligible
- Children whose parents were in foster care and are between the ages of 4-6
- Children who live in Metro (SPA 4), South Los Angeles (SPA 6), or the surrounding Inglewood area.
To refer a child to our program, download and fill out the form available at the link below and email it to Valerie Esquivel, Program Manager, at email@example.com.
Download Referral Form